fredag den 20. februar 2015

Adding Clay, Foam and Facbric

Next up was sculpting the armature. For some of the more solid parts I used a hoppy clay that hardens within a couple of hours. I wanted to use Millieput as it becomes very solid and shouldn't break as easily as hobby clay, but I wanted to get started as soon as possible and it would take some time to get Milliput sent to Denmark.  

As you can see in the picture below I decided to make her chest area and bottom solid. By doing this it would make it easier for me to rotate her without misshaping her.

Next I added some tinfoil to the clay, because I found out that the glue did not want to interact with it, so I had to add something on top of it to make it stick together. Probably not the best solution, but it was the best idea I could come up with. After that I added the foam to create volume. The foam I used was not too spongy otherwise it would loos its volume.      



In order for me to tighten or loosen the armature I had to make small holes into the foam. It's important to gave access to these areas if the joints get too loose. I used contact glue to make sure it stayed together.    

 When I was happy with the volume of the foam I took out some fabric and started cutting, sowing and gluing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar